Thursday, September 8, 2011

Upside Down

That is the way he wants to stay.  Upside down, inside out, this way, that way, over, under, on, off..........and finally he passes out.  This has been a constant the last few days.  It is mind boggling.  I swear that if we could figure out a way to hook the house up to him we could go off the grid.  The energy is like nothing I have ever witnessed.  I started wondering tonight if it feels like restless leg syndrome.  I get that sometimes and want to keep moving my legs. 

Moving so fast I could not get the picture.  This is his favorite position.


This week has been hard.  VERY hard.  I am fearful at this point of him being able to stay in the home through his teenage years.  Monday he was out of control.  He got on the roof of the barn, got a bow and arrow out of the shop and was using it with a yard full of children, started running again (this is when he runs out of control away from whoever or wherever we are), had several meltdowns, threw a brick at a sibling, broke rule after rule after rule....just totally out of control. 

Part of this could be due to the fact that he got off his daytime medication that helps with the ADHD.  This is the medication that insurance has stopped covering.  I thought we would just do without as I am tired of going through this insurance and doctor saga but now I don't know if that is possible. 

I met with the graphics shop today to work on our T-shirts for the walk.  We are looking at camouflage shirts or hunter green with the hunter orange writing.  I am also thinking about having a banner made.  I have 80+ kids from my daughter's high school signed up to walk with us!  And I have sold a few puzzle pieces!!!  Things are moving along.

I am going to post the links again.  Yes, I am begging.  I'm sorry that it may feel that way but there comes a point in a person's life when they feel like there is nothing left to do but to beg.  I feel tired and hopeless in dealing with this disability.  Putting myself behind the cause of finding answers to the puzzle of autism helps me vent some of the stored up energy.  So, please do what you can.  And those of you in the Lincoln area please come join us for the walk.  We are asking our friends to come to the Haymarket on October 9th at 2 p.m. wearing something camouflage.  God bless and thank all of you! 


To buy a puzzle piece go to:  http://bit.ly/oK0hWi


No comments:

Post a Comment