Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Eye Issues Again



Not sure what is going on but he is having double vision again.  I mentioned that he was complaining about it at church Sunday.  Well, yesterday the school called me and said he was running into desks and rubbing it constantly.  When they asked him about it he said it was blurry and he was seeing "two of everything".  I went up to the school to monitor him and he seemed upset over the whole thing.  He was worried about tripping or running into something.  He wanted to come home but I thought it best he stay and see if he was not just wanting to get out of school.  I could see a worried panic look in his eyes as I left.

He came home still very stressed about it and saying he could not see.  Then he starts asking for glasses.  We bought him some reading glasses the last time we went through this and it made him happy.  They did not fail me this time either.  He swears he sees better.  He left this morning (picture above) wearing them to school.  So....what is it?

The last time we blamed it on medication.  However, he is on different medication this time.  Could it still be the medications although a different one?  Or could it be allergies?  They are really bad right now and he does have a runny nose and cough.  Or could he be exaggerating the situation?  I have to remind myself that it is the little things that drive him nuts while the major aches, pains and discomforts do not bother him until his body is shutting down.  So.....what is it???????

He also is in a completely different frame of mind.  He is very calm and quiet.  He went to his room by himself last night and started writing a book about a super hero with autism.  It was only 3 sentences but he was putting the effort out.  I'm so perplexed this morning.  Any ideas on the eyes would be greatly appreciated!  



No comments:

Post a Comment