Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Walk For Joseph


Today was one of those days that I will always remember.  One of those days that marks the beginning of something new.  One of those days that defines what life is about and what family and friends truly mean.  First a few thanks.  I want to personally thank each and every person that came out to walk with us today.  Bishop Neumann TORCH group and St. John Bosco Youth Group, you were awesome!  The future of these children will be in your hands.  Your love and support mean more than you can imagine!  Mike, you led the team and held the sign....and I owe you a meal!  Rachel, you are always there.  What a true friend!!!! Thanks!  Eleni, I could not have survived the day without your watching over the kids and entertaining them.  You were GREAT!  And most importantly, my family.  All my children were there to support one of their own.  You kids are the greatest!  I felt the strength in our family and your devotion to your little brother.  I know that one day he will be in good hands.  I love you all so much!!!!!



Jeffrey took the juggling pins from the clown and started his own show. 

And also to our generous family and friends that donated to our team, you give us hope that we will find an answer.  Thank you!  You put our team in the Grand Club earning $1,400.00 by the end of today.  Your generosity has moved me to tears on several occasions during the fundraising.  You have restored in me a belief that there is still kindness in this world.  Please be assured of our prayers.
The Matrix meets Star Wars!  Go St. John Bosco youth group!  We love ya'll!!!

Joseph, the force is with you!

This was one of the biggest mascots.  Everyone wanted their picture with the Stormtroppers. 
Some of us should have just stayed out of the pictures!  Oh, well....I had fun!

The weather held out and it was a very nice day.  I don't know how many turned out but there were many.  One of the most amazing things to witness were the number of young people out there raising money, working stands, serving food, and playing with these kids. 
Playing baseball with the Husker baseball and softball teams.

Getting points from one of the coaches. 

I, along with two other ladies, got recognized for being in the Grand Club.  That was for individually raising over $1,000 in donations!  This is, again, thanks to all of you for answering my constant pleas!   And then Mattie sang her song that she wrote for Joseph.  It was beautiful!  It has been posted on youtube by one of her friends.  It was recorded on a cell phone so it's not the greatest sound, however, she was offered a recording session!  So we will get it recorded and offer it at different autism venues.  Here is the youtube clip:



My awesome, sweet, beautiful and talented daughter!!!




Leading Team Camo Angel is the Camo Angel himself!

No words can say enough about the Bishop Neumann TORCH group!
You are some amazing kids!!!!!!

I feel such a comfort tonight as I watch Joseph in sensory overload.  I am wondering how many parents there today with our special children are going through the same thing.  Just knowing that we are not alone is HUGE!  I feel such a strong friendship with all these parents!  It has been an incredible journey.  I look forward to next year. 

That said, I will end with the words of my daughter's song, "Mommy and daddy could never make you see what you mean to them, what you mean to me."  We love you, Joseph!!!!  And we loved the sign you made...."Autism Rocks!"  You rock, buddy!  You are a great kid with lots and lots of friends who love you so much.  You are a blessing to all of us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment