Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday

Joseph was very stressed once we got to the hospital this morning.  His biggest worry was whether they were going to give him the IV before or after he went to sleep.  He asked every nurse, every aide, and even the man that came to offer me coffee.  He was also very concerned about waking up during the MRI.  I kept telling him over and over and over that would not happen.  Cross your heart?  Yes, Joseph.  Hope to die?  Yes, Joseph.  Stick a needle in your eye?  YES JOSEPH! 

He was worried that his hospital gown was opened and showing his underwear.  I told him to stay in bed with the blanket on and it wouldn't matter anyway.  Then he didn't want the blanket on him because maybe an old man or an old woman had used it.  After I told him that there was nothing wrong with old men and women I assured him that everything was washed and sterilized.  Even the pillow?  Yes, Joseph.  Even the pillowcase?  Yes, Joseph.  Even the bed rails?  Yes, Joseph.  I realized from talking to him about old people that the Halloween garbage in the stores and in the yards is scaring him.  Now he thinks old men and women are scary!

Waiting for the funny drugs to kick in

His teachers at school gave him a "care bag" yesterday.  One of the three shirts they gave him was an LSU shirt which he proudly wore this morning.  All the nurses were asking about it and after repeating the story several times it came out that his teachers gave him a care shirt.  They all thought he was a cutie and could understand why his teachers are so taken with him!  There's that camo-angel act going on! 

Sleeping peacefully.....a rare sight to behold!

His MRI took over an hour.  They did two readings.  One of the full head and then one of the orbits so they could get a really good look at the eye sockets.  He was in recovery another hour.  And then in his outpatient room for another 2 hours.  So we did not get home until 1 p.m.  And so far no reports. 

Eating his Happy Meal on the way home

This is the part I hate.  When will they call?  When will I know?  I felt like being that squeaky wheel and telling them I was not leaving the comforts of their hospital until someone gave me the results of the MRI.  But after prayer I realized that God is attempting in His mercy to teach me the virtue (just one of several) that has always alluded me.  So, patience is on the menu.  A side of prayer goes without saying!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful the MRI went well and praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete