Thursday, October 14, 2010

Results

The results of the MRI are normal!  Thank you, My Merciful Lord!  Now, what *IS* wrong?  I did not hear back from the eye doctor.  It was my GP and friend that called me today with the results.  So I should hear from the eye doctor on what he thinks and on what we should do.  However, I have my personal opinions.

I believe Joseph has always had this problem.  I have always noticed that he would rub that eye, sometimes it would cross when he was focusing on something, and he has always hit that eye getting cuts, scrapes and black eyes.  So I believe it is part of the brain damage that was caused by hypoxia at birth.  Or it could have even been caused from the fall from the tree.  But I will always believe it was from birth.  I believe that he is learning to read and to express himself so we are just learning of it. 

Right black eye, Christmas Eve 2004

So the good news is that our little camo-angel doesn't have anything extra wrong upstairs (and Lord knows he doesn't need anything else wrong!).   The bad news is that he has vision loss that can not be corrected.  How this will affected the rest of his life is yet to be known. 


Thank you for all your prayers, love and support.  I have no doubt in my mind that this good news is a result of all the prayers and God's mercy on our family.  Please keep praying as we sign the paperwork tomorrow to complete the process for his entrance into Boys Town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment