Sunday, June 13, 2010

Camp

By a total miracle I found a camp for Joseph!  It starts tomorrow and goes for four weeks.  It is a day camp for children with mental disabilities.  They will take them swimming, to the zoo, to the movies, do arts and crafts, play games, etc.  I can not even begin to express his joy over getting to go.  It is all he has talked about over the weekend.  I actually found all this on Thursday and although was late on signing him up they took him right away with no money down.  We found out that his respite care would cover some of the costs of his camp and my mileage.

So tomorrow starts a wonderful adventure for Little Joe.  We are finding that there is so much more available to him now that he has been officially diagnosed as disabled.  So we are thanking God for the small blessings at this time.  I will post pictures and daily updates of his camp adventures in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment