Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter

It was amazing how well Joseph did this past Easter weekend.  We had a lot of company in and out of the home and yet he stayed pretty focused.  There were just the typical issues with him being too loud, hyper, or complaining but nothing huge.  He slept through Good Friday services.  We skipped Easter vigil this year as we have learned there are limitations that we just have to follow.  He did very well Easter Sunday at mass.  I kept thinking it was like a little Easter miracle.  But then....the normal routine kicked in and he was out of it. 

It dawned on me half way into this past week of why this was happening.  He thrives on novelty for short periods of time.  It is the readjusting to schedules that throw him off.  It's the back and forth.  So we have spent this whole week trying to get him back on schedule.  There has been a huge increase of smelling and licking his hands.  His teachers at school have started to give him things to chew on at school.   They say this has helped.  We are getting closer to the home assessment.  We will do it on a pretty and warm Saturday in the near future.  I'm trying to get him into a summer program that is a daily class but I'm not getting my phone calls returned.  I will keep trying.  I think he will need to stay very busy during the summer months.

No comments:

Post a Comment